Two weeks ago, I got nominated for One Lovely Blog Award. My response time gets worse and worse lately, but life has been busy and you get what you get. Two weeks is not that long, is it? Anyway, let’s move on.
First, I need to thank Carly from Miramiandmog for inviting me to share seven things about myself with you, which is what this award is all about. I feel so honored that you may want to know more about me, so I’ll try to make it interesting.
- I moved from Athens, Greece to Trondheim, Norway this June, one day after my 24th birthday, to start working at my new job. These two cities are 2970 km or 1845 miles apart and have totally different climate.
- I don’t know what I want and as a result I have no idea how to get it. Although some may think that I have everything figured out, this is not the case. I don’t know what I want to do in my life (and I’ve heard it’s OK). I don’t know where I want to be in 5 years nor in 15 (still OK, I think!). Basically, I only know what I want to do right now and even that not all the time.
- I clearly don’t know how to cook. Hence the ‘In my kitchen’ category. Here’s what I ate for lunch the other day. I need some inspiration (and some skills please!) asap.
- I speak several languages: Greek, English, French and a little bit of Turkish. I studied French and English at school and Turkish while I was at the second year of the University. The latter was one of the best periods of my life. There were many romantic stories that took place during the Turkish course. Some of them were good, some of them were bad and some of them only in our minds, but all of them left us with the best (or funniest) memories.
- I love road trips. I’ve been on a road trip to Paris, another one to Munich and many to Italy. I plan on crossing the US someday. Nothing can beat the freedom you have when you’re in your car and can go wherever you want. For me it’s the only way to know a country. It helps to know some locals too.
Breakfast at Barbizon on the way to Paris, August 2010
Aosta, Italy, December 2008
- This is not my first blog. Are you shocked? It is my first blog in English though. I used to have a blog in Greek through which I met a lot of people. At some point I felt too exposed and decided to close it leaving no evidence behind.
- I am addicted to American TV series. Some of my current favorites are: Glee, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones, Gossip Girl, The Good Wife, Girls and CSI.
There you go! Seven things about me I bet you didn’t know, unless you’re my best friend. I’ll leave the invitation open for anyone who wants to share some things about himself. You can visit Carly’s blog for the detailed rules. It so satisfying to write about oneself! I hope you’ll enjoy reading it just as much.