Cabin trip

…dary! Legendary!

This weekend I got my backpack and walked to a cabin named Kåsen. The walk was much harder than expected because of a heavy snowfall the previous evening. That explains why I feel so sore today. All in all, it was worth the tiredness and the effort. The cabin was cozy and the company was great. I shouldn’t forget the views and how awesome it feels to drink hot tea and eat homemade waffles while sitting on snow. Have you ever tried staying in a cabin without electricity, warm water and toilet? Have you ever cut wood or melted snow? I would love to hear your stories!

Previous Post

10 Comments

1. You’re really brave to have stayed in a cabin without facilities! I wouldn’t do it myself! Your pics are beautiful, it looks like a very calm and relaxing place.

• I think I didn’t know how hard it was until I was already there. Too naive. The cabin and the views were so rewarding anyway.

2. τί τέλεια εκδρομή!θα πρέπει να ήταν μαγευτικά.
    ..και οι φωτό σου καταπληκτικές!

• Σ’ ευχαριστώ! Το blog και οι φωτογραφίες ίσως ήταν το μεγαλύτερο μου motivation. Διαφορετικά μπορεί να τα είχα παρατήσει κάπου στην πορεία και να μην έφτανα ποτέ εκεί.

3. These photos are so gorgeous! X

4. Oh my goodness the photos are so beautiful! Did you stay in the cabin overnight or just for the day? Also, I just have to be sure, that’s not ketchup you’re putting on that waffle, is it?? It has to be jam…

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into life in Trondheim!

• We stayed for the night, slept in sleeping bags and ate vegetable soup from melted snow. It was a very unique experience. This red thing is not ketchup!!!! 😀 It’s strawberry jam, in a package that is easy to use on the go!

5. Looks really fun! I hope I can do something like that soon 🙂

6. I love your pictures from the trip. I’ve been on an expedition to a cabin once in Norway, Jan 2012. We had to malt snow to make water. I wasn’t expecting the snow to be so heavy in the pan. Hope you get to go on some more adventures this coming winter.