Like everyone in Norway, when we get to go to Sweden, we try to sneak in some grocery shopping. For me that involved 2 kilos of feta cheese, 3 packages of phyllo dough and 3 different packages of granola. Last week I decided to use phyllo dough, feta cheese and my new ramekins to make a dinner that will be remembered: spinach, ricotta and feta cheese ramekins. Delish!
Preparation: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 45 minutes. Total time: 55 minutes.
- 200 gr of fresh spinach
- 100 gr ricotta cheese
- 150 gr feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts
- 4 sundried tomatoes in small pieces
- 8 sheets of fillo (phyllo) dough
- olive oil
What to do:
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
- Rinse the spinach and saute it in a non-stick frying pan until it loses most of its volume. Let it cool down and remove as much liquid as possible.
- Mix ricotta and feta cheese in a bowl. Add the eggs, the nutmeg, the roasted pine nuts, the sundried tomatos, some salt (be careful because both feta and sundried tomatos can be salty) and pepper. Add the spinach and mix everything well.
- Brush 4 ramekins with olive oil. Cut 8 sheets of phyllo dough in half. Take one piece and lay it on the rameking. Don’t worry if it isn’t perfect, it doesn’t matter. Brush some olive oil and continue until you have 4 layers. Fill the ramekins with a fourth of the spinach mix and close the dough losely on top.
- Cover the ramekings with some aluminium foil so that they don’t get burned and cook for 40-45 minutes.
Note: If you don’t have ramekins, any (relatively small) oven dish would do. Don’t cut the phyllo dough in half. Place 4 sheets of phyllo dough (with olive oil in between) on the bottom, fill with the dough and place the rest sheets of phyllo dough on top (again brush each one of them appart from the top one with olive oil). Bake the same way.
ps. I will try to take process photos another time I make them, just to make the whole process more clear.
ps2. Today I am over at Tea Time Blog speaking about myself and my blog. There might be a small story about people I met through the internet and didn’t turned out to be serial killers, but you’ll have to check it out for yourself.