Halfway through January, I hit my toe pretty badly on the foot of the bed. The foot of the bed survived the crash unharmed. On the contrary, my toe became red and later on black and hurt a lot. I had to say bye-bye to my half marathon training and the plan of running a half marathon in March, but that’s fine now. I was sad for a day and then I saw it as a sign that it’s not meant to be right now, but I can always pick it up when I’m feeling better, which should take about four to eight weeks. In other words, soon-ish. Due to the lack of intensive half-marathon training, I had some more free time to spend relaxing by doing my guilty trashy things that you’ll read below. Please don’t be too judgemental!
The other big news of January are happy and personal. I don’t usually share personal details on my blog, but I couldn’t be prouder and happier about my awesome boyfriend getting his PhD degree. I’ve seen him work hard towards his goals, through the ups and downs of research and science. He has been a great example and an amazing coach. Celebrating his PhD defence was the perfect ending to 4,5 years of research. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a doctor in the house. 🙂
Without further ado, here’s what made me happy in January!
– The sound of walking on a thick layer of fresh snow
– Snarking forums about famous (or not so famous) bloggers and YouTubers
– Google Kim K photos
– Celebrate the end of an era (and the beginning of a new one)
– Three course dinners in fancy restaurants
– My current challenge: Find the perfect blueberry muffin recipe (which means I’m not running out of blueberry muffins anytime soon…)
– Akis Petretzikis (I went from being not impressed to head-over-heels in love with him, his tattoos and his cooking!)
– Cut down my clothes and makeup spending to what’s absolutely necessary (hello wool undergarments!)
– Give alpine skiing a second (actually it’s more like a tenth, but anyway) shot
Which were the highlights of your month?