Hello there! It’s February! Today I’ll share with you my favorite type of salad, a couscous salad. If you’re Greek you can go ahead and make it with trachanas instead, a type of traditional Greek pasta.
Couscous (or trachanas) salad
Servings: 2. Preparation: 15 min. Cooking: 0. Total time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup couscous (or trachanas)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 15 grape tomatoes
- 1 green paprica
- 1 red paprica
- 5 olives (pitted and sliced)
- a bunch of fresh parsley
- a bunch of fresh basil
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- Place couscous (or trachanas) in a big bowl and top it with warm water. Cover and let it absorb all the water.
- Slice tomatos and cut papricas in small cubes. Thinly slice parsley and basil.
- Add the tomatos, papricas, parsley, basil and a pinch of salt in the couscous and mix well.
- Dress with olive oil and lemon juice.
You can serve this immediately or the next day. It’s a very simple side dish to fish or meat. Do you have a favorite type of salad?