July began with a weekend trip to Oslo. For people living in Trondheim (sorry Norwegians, it’s a small town, if not a village), Oslo is the big city. That trip was wonderful apart from the fact that it was raining all day long and we couldn’t spend as much time as we wanted drinking cappuccino and sunbathing in the balcony. The middle part of the month went by so fast with long hours and way too much work. Then, around the end of July, I went back home to Athens for my summer break. As always, I’ll be going around, visiting different places, without any real plan, expectations, Internet and sometimes my phone, just as I want.
Like every summer, I decided to take August off of blogging and focus on finding balance and spend some quality time with my very lovely extended family (who are always there when I need them and I couldn’t be more grateful for that). I’ll be back at the end of the month with more things that made me happy and hopefully back to a normal schedule (more on that next month).
Sidenote: I don’t really believe in astrology, but I read my monthly horoscope and it predicts lots of fighting, in a very literal sense, towards the end of August. Let me just say, bring it on. May my kick boxing training be useful.
My happy things
– Look into strangers’ houses from the street at night (or from the tram)
– Beautiful solutions to mathematical problems
– When I think I’m out of toilet paper, but there’s more in the storage room
– These pepper mills every time I cook (I have them in coral and yellow)
– Selfies with a view
– Browse tattoos I am never going to get on Pinterest
– 5 year olds dancing ballet
– The smell of bacon cooking
– When my lipstick lasts all day
– Overhear an interesting conversation
ps. More photos from my Oslo trip. Hope you like them.