I woke up this morning and it’s the first of October. How does it happen? I’ve tried to write a few things for this month, but blogging (or writing to be more accurate) is something you shouldn’t leave, because it leaves you. After few rounds of deleting and re-writing and deleting again, I’m settling down for this short description of my month. If you want more of my day-to-day life, then you can follow me on Instagram and 365Project, where I post daily snippets.
I’ve been absent from the blog for quite some time now and I’m afraid it’s going to stay that way until I’m mostly done with my PhD. I still have a ton of photos from my trips waiting to be posted and some days I just want to sit down and write all about them, but this has to wait. Towards the end of August I bought a Nespresso machine and this month I’m loving coffee. My favorites so far are vanillo, ristretto, envivo and fortissio. What should I try next? There were more than a 100 things to include in my happy list this month, but I narrowed it down to just ten. Here they are.
– A fresh new notebook (slowly getting into my version of journaling)
– Essays, articles and books written with brilliance and clarity
– My morning routine of sun salutations
– Creative Instagram accounts
– When my parents send me photos from their travels
– Find inspiration about what to photograph for my 365 project
– Students who come back with questions
– My Nespresso machine
– Spend the last 15 minutes before closing time in the relaxing pool overlooking the fjord in the Trondheim
– Music I want to dance to
This month unplugging meant reading a great book (on the history of science on the nature of light, The autobiography of light by George Grammatikakis) and some awesome articles.
– Steven Weinberg on quantum mechanics and his brilliant explanations of the challenges they are facing
– A cup of Jo answering questions in the style of a women’s magazine in the 60’s, but in a modern way
– Every single cognitive bias in one infographic.
– On my main issue with Instagram (apart from sexy poses and nakedness)
What were your favorite things in September?